Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sweet Pea Birds

At first glance, I loved the new Sweet Pea DSP Stack. There are so many cute sheets in it that just beg to be made into cards. However, there were these two sheets of silly birds in the stack that had LONG legs that stretched the entire length of the 12 x 12 sheets. How do you make a card out of that? You shorten their legs a bit and make adorable 3 x 6 cards out of them!!

These little cards are so much fun!












In total, I made 8 Sweet Pea Bird cards. (There are only 7 cards pictured above, but I did make 8--one was camera shy I guess). I cut the two sheets in half hortizontally and used the top portion (which had the birds) to make my cards. I cut little pieces using bottom of the leftover DSP to make the little houndstooth border--you can see it on some of the cards above. What is exciting to me is that out of the 2 sheets of DSP, I have a piece that is 6 x 6 and another piece that is 12 x 6 leftover to make other cards with. So if you are like me and a little stingy with your DSP--3 x 6 cards are great. A little DSP--A LOT of cards!

AND...Stampin' Up!© sells the little envelopes these cards fit inside. :)
#107286 Small Open-End Envelopes--Whisper White

2 comments:

  1. These really are cute cards!! I Love them!! I didn't know what to do with those pages either!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great use of this DP that I immediately had to case you! Thanks soooo much for the inspiration. Kit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...