Saturday, January 30, 2010

Flower Pot Box

Good Saturday Morning, the sun is up in Wisconsin and as promised I took some pictures of my latest project to show you. I need hostess gifts for a couple upcoming workshops and I couldn't think of quicker or cuter gift than a little box full of these 3" x 6" cards made with the CUTE Sweet Pea DSP Stack in the Occasions Mini . There isn't a single sheet in the whole stack that I can't think of a use for as a cardmaker. :)
Here are my cards:
I made 8 cards (2 cards of 4 designs)


These 2 are my absolute favorites:

They use the backside of the flower dsp as a border across the bottom of the card--yep the backside is as cute as the front!

It took me a little time to figure out the little Flower Box for the cards, but I'm pretty happy with the results. :) This little box is bigger than the Birds' Nest I made a couple days ago--I wanted to fit the SU! envelopes and an RSVP pen in to give as a gift set. This little box is 3 1/2" wide x 1 1/2" deep. I love the matching Sweet Pea felt flowers on the front of the box. They are so stinkin' cute! The colors are so bright--I can't help but smile.

Wouldn't it look cute on your desk?

Gift Set Recipe:

Cardstock: Red Rose, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie

DSP: Sweet Pea (Occasions Mini)

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes

Accessories: Sticky Strip, Bone Folder, Sweet Pea felt, glue dots, Always Artichoke grosgrain, word window punch, modern label punch and eyelet border punch

6 comments:

  1. Adorable, Wendy! I'm going to try it for sure and use for a simple stamp camp card. I will give you credit for sure - very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so enjoying looking at your darling box of cards. This is a definite CASE project for me. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liked how you made use of all the cute LONG flowers and birds. I sent your posts to my downline and friends. I also loved your felt flowers. Think I'll try cutting some with the BS and doing some embroidery stitches on them. Great ideas Wendy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects, this and many others are too cute. I have ordered this DSP paper to do this project. I really wasn't interested in the paper prior to seeing this project. I didn't think it would sell, but this project will sell it. Thanks for posting and sharing. Do you have any more detailed instructions on how to make the box?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...