Saturday, January 2, 2010

Masculine Gift Card Holder

I needed some masculine gift card holders for some upcoming birthdays. I have seen the pocket in the middle of the card using the Word Window Punch and I thought they were brilliant and had to make one. I am so grateful that there are Stampers out there that love to create templates for me to use. :)



Here's the outside of the Gift Card Holder:








And the inside:



Gift Card Recipe:




Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
CS: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Handsome Hunter
Ink: Handsome Hunter and Soft Suede
DSP: Thouroughly Modern
Accessories: Word Window Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, Dimensionals, bone folder (scoring) and gold brads.


Gift Card Directions:


One piece 4" X 12" DSP scored at 4", 6" and 8" (Fold on score lines so that it makes a mountain in the center)


Using your gift card as a guide, place marks on both sides of the card for where you should punch the opening. Punch in between your marks with your Word Window Punch to create a slit for you gift card to slide in to.




One Piece 4 1/4" X 8 1/4" coordinating CS folded in half to make the base of your card. Unfold and tape your ribbon to the INSIDE of your card. (Make sure that your ribbon is long enough to tie a nice bow. lol...guess why I added this?!)


Adhere your DSP to cover the ribbon.




Now decorate as desired.....


That's it! :)


6 comments:

  1. That's a nice idea :) I had forgotten the word window punch could do this. I'll have to get mine out next time I plan to give a gift card. Yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great masculine card idea. I am going to have to remember this gift card idea. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas and really look forward to seeing what you have created.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this gift card holder. I too suffer when making masculine cards, I wonder why that is? If I have a picture to color then I am fine, but with no picture the card is hard to come up with. You have done a wonderful job here. I hope you have a great day.

    Trish in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manly but fun -- and one of my favorite GC holders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Love your blog. That's what Caroline says.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...