Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rag Bag Bandwagon

I jumped on the bandwagon. It was a huge LEAP for someone like me--I don't sew. I have seen the bags and loved them. This is my first attempt and I'm happy--The bag actually resembles those I have seen online. I had to go it alone without any tutorials. My computer is too slow and will not load videos. So be kind....this is me alone w/ my very dusty sewing machine that my Mother-in-law gave me when Terry and I got married.



My oldest daughter, Dani likes the 'RAG' bag look:





My youngest daughter, Riley Kate likes the 'Clean' bag look:




What do you like best?

5 comments:

  1. Great job for a "non sewer" i would add some lines of stitching to the handles to help them keep their shape, then snip the edges so they fray in the wash. Love your fabric choices.

    I make these all the time, no tutorial, but you can see pictures on my blog here. I am on Beates yahoo group too! Im a wannabe stamper. lol

    Carole
    http://sewcuteblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering that you don't sew, you did a great job---this coming from one who had to take sewing in high school for 4 years. You make me want to try my hand at making one. I doubt it would be as gorgeous as yours. What do I like best - besides the worksmanship - the colours and choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job for not being a sewer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help I have been seeing these rag bags all over LNS. I guess I need instructions from start to finish. Now I have to borrow a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...