Monday, February 8, 2010

Flower Pot Box Directions




Many of you have asked for directions for my Flower Pot Box and I'm sorry that I didn't get around to posting it sooner, but here it is....




-Start w/ a piece of cardstock 6"x 11"
-Score on the 11" side at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2"
IMPORTANT: DO NOT score above the 4 1/2" line you just made. The top 1 1/2" will make your flaps and you don't want score lines in them. :)
-Score on the 6" side at 1 1/2", 5", 6 1/2" and 10"
-Above that 4 1/2" line I cut diagonal lines starting 1/2" wider than the 3 1/2" sides of the box and cut down to the score line.
-Cut off the top portion of the 1 1/2" sides of the box.
-Cut off the bottom part of the 1" portion--this 1" section will be used only for assembly and will not be seen.
-Fold, glue and decorate... WAH-LAH!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the directions. I can't wait to try this out! You did a GREAT job!!! I'm so happy that your workshop went well. I also go into panic mode right before every workshop. And I do one every other weekend. I alternate Sat. and Sun. because I have customers that work on Sat. and some that can't make Sundays because of church. I hope you have many more successful workshops!!!

    Check out my blog when you get a chance: suzieloves2stamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling project! Love the size of the cards and the most adorable box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that your event went so well!!! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the directions. I want to make these now even though the snow continues to fall here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...