Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Stink....



I am not capable of throwing away my scraps. I have bins FULL of cardstock and designer series paper scraps. Today it was time to clean off the stampin' table and I found a handful of Cottage Wall DSP scraps. I couldn't very well throw them away. They were so pretty laying there -- I knew that they could be made into something. The current Technique Junkies Newsletter has a quilting/background technique called "Herringbone". I did a Christmas card using scraps of cardstock, but I think I really like the DSP better. I added some faux stitching...okay A LOT of faux stitching to finish it off.
The Late Night Stampers have also challenged us to use our brads this week. Little Skunk is holding a pretty little flower w/ a rhinestone brad in the center. :) I love this skinky little guy....

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Pun Fun

CS: Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Black

DSP: Cottage Wall

Accessories: Signo Gel Pen, Paper Stump and Gamsol, Black Colored Pencil, Fire Rhinestone brad, 1 3/4" circle, Circle Scissors Plus, Modern Label, Word Window, 2 way glue and dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I, too, can not throw away scraps. I have a bin with big pieces, one with small pieces and one with really small pieces. Every now and then I have to bring the really small piece bin down to punch out small items and bag them to get rid of the bin. I have a baggie with all sizes of flowers, really small leaves, 1/4"-1/2" wide strips, 1/2" circles etc. You'ld be surprised how many times I go to those baggies and use the items.
    By the way, I think the card is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Wendy! Great job with the Herringbone Technique, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could learn a bunch from you... my scraps get donated to my downline's children (who make awesome stuff with them).. When i'm cleaning, if i dont clean like a hurricane, it would never get done! Great card, I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...