Monday, June 20, 2011

Bold Butterfly

Can you believe we are over halfway through June already?  I have been busy busy since Dani's graduation.  Oh good news, she got her student ID for Carthage College.  She's officially going!  I'm so excited for her.  (In September, please refer me back to this post).

Riley Kate's doing well in softball.  I love to go to the games, but need to find a repellent for GNATS!  If you have something--anything that will repell them, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email.  Evan and I spend the whole game swatting, smacking and complaining about gnats.  Okay Evan really doesn't complain much, but I am mentally hating on them the entire game. 

Here's something that I am not hating on.....  Krista's new sketch!  I love it!  It always excites me when I have to think outside the A2.  If you want to play along this week, here's the link to Cards & Things Challenges.

 
 I decided to stop hoarding my Love Letter dsp.  It's retiring in a couple weeks and I wanted to pull it out and use some before all the new dsp comes out.  There's a lot of beautiful dsp on the way and I think Love Letter is too pretty to get dusty on my shelf.
Plus I LOVE polka dots!



I went a little further than the sketch and made my card into an easel card.


I wanted a card that would catch your eye.  I think a BIG BOLD Cherry Cobbler Butterfly popping off the front of the card might help. 

3 comments:

  1. I came to your blog first time it's a nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, This card is lovely! Love the scalloped circle and the large butterfly, they both set this card off. Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Wendy!! I'm going to miss Love Letters DSP so much also! Your Cherry Cobbler butterfly is a perfect touch to the card!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...