Friday, January 6, 2012

An Open and Shut Case

Hostess Club is coming up and I wanted to do something fun w/ the group.  I have had a couple packages of Clear Stamp Cases (#119105) and some legal pads in my stampin' room since last spring.  This fall I finally remembered to take the legal pads with me to Madison (OfficeMax) to be cut so they would fit in the cases. These cases hold a 5 x 7 or smaller legal pad.

Here's a picture of the empty cases from Stampin' Up!.  They come in a package of 4 cases for $5.95.




 We are using the Twitterpated DSP from the new Occasions Mini catalog. Here's the case I made as in example.  How does Evan look w/ the flowery background?  :)  I thought the dsp was a little feminine for the little guy. Until I print off some other pictures, Evan will be the main attraction on my case. Darling.... 




 I love the inside of the case. I wan't quite sure about the front and back of this dsp side by side, but I think it's pretty fininshed.

On the left, I made a simple pocket out of cardstock. The pocket is my favorite part of the case.  I think it's the pop of the Riding Hood Red cardstock. 


 Also on the left, a calendar. That's always a must for me when I'm jotting down notes and appointments on the go.



 Oh I forgot to put the pen in the photo, but there is one. I didn't have any RSVP pens which would have been my first choice.  Luckily, I did find a brand spanking new pack of black Bic pens in my stash. 

I hope the Hostess Club enjoys making cases.  Now that you have seen this "Open and Shut Case", what do you think?

What you need:
Clear Stamp Case
Blushing Bride DSP
Twitterpated DSP
Riding Hood Red Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock

Pear Pizzazz Cardstock
Double Ribbon Punch
Sticky Strip and Snail
Scoring tool
Small Calendar
5 x 7 (or smaller) Legal Pad
 

4 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great idea for the Hostess Club members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love these. My roommate gave me one for convention last year but she didn't have the calendar or pocket in it. This was my Christmas gift this year for all my customers and friends. I included the calendars and pockets. I would like someone to come up with a calendar that we could use in the cases that we can actually keep the months - you know on a coil or something. I always like to be able to look back within the year. You did a great job, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for many occasions. I would love to make this!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, I'm wayyyyyyy behind. But your case is so cute!! Love it!! Where did you get your calendars? I'll have to get some & give your project a try!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...