Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Matt & Erin's Wedding Thank Yous

I have been working on making Matt & Erin's (my brother in law & future sister in law)  wedding thank you cards for a gift for their wedding coming up on Saturday.  I have made 60 invites so far and contemplating making a few more for them.



Their wedding colors are pink and brown so I used chocolate chip and melon mambo on a vanilla base.  ♥ I would like to send out a special thank you to Diane Scuito for the 5/8" chocolate chip ribbon she gifted me for wedding projects. ♥ 



My favorite part was deciding where and how many butterflies to put on each one.  I love this embosslit.  :)



Other than stamping, kids, sports, therapy, scheduling.....well you get the idea.  LOL  I have 72 pints of salsa canned.  I'm hoping to get at least 100 pints done this year so I'm getting there. 


A couple of you asked for my salsa recipe so I thought I would share it here:

9 cups chopped tomatoes
3 cups chopped onions
2 cups green peppers
8 small jalapeno peppers (med. salsa) 
1/4 cup canning salt
1 cup celery
1 cup vinegar
12 oz can tomato paste
1 HEAPING TBSP minced garlic
2 TBSP cilantro
Optional: 2 cups whole kernel corn

Yield: 10-12 pints


Here's a picture of my little guy, Evan .  I often push him in the stroller when I go walking.  Evidently mom isn't very entertaining.  :) 


 BUT Mom is down -89# from the first of January and is enjoying chasing a VERY active 3 year old a lot more now.  Weight loss has slowed down--I have been spending more time canning and less time walking.  I need to get Evan in that stroller and go..... 

9 comments:

  1. Love the detail on the card Wendy. And you and your walking with the 'bored' Evan, are an **inspiration**. I have no Evan to put in a stroller but I do have an iPod and earbuds to take a hilly "stroll" in my neighborhood. Very hilly, very cardio pushing. I'll be checking out that salsa too. Haven't canned for *years*. ~Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the colors. Evan is soo cute. 89#!!! What an accomplishment....good for you, go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you on the weight loss. What will power! Sounds like you have been very busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Wendy!!Love the "thank you's"! I'm sure they will too!! Wow congrats on your weight loss. that's really fantastic!!! I've been trying and not doing all that well. I've only lost about 20 lbs....and that was a while ago. I just can't seem to get into it, so I commend you lady, you've done a great job, and it's certainly not easy!!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job..both the thank you's and the great weight loss.

    How did you process the salsa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Free Bollywood hot News, Bollywood Top Hot Actress and Hot Desi Girls Beautiful hot Pictures.
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most Popular and Famous Vehicles, Latest Speed Cars, Sports Cars Info and Pictures.
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Investment Plans to make money online, Online Jobs can make money online from home, Just Visit
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...