Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Butterfly Watercolor Card

I think spring is finally starting in Southwestern Wisconsin.  It isn't warm by any means, but we haven't had any snow in a week or so.  That must mean something, right? Now that my fingers aren't frozen, I decided it was time to stamp again.  I plan on doing many more events this year so I have a good excuse to create again.  
I took a card that I saw on Pinterest and I changed it up.  I wanted it to be bright and cheery, but mostly, I wanted it add butterflies that were watercolored.  I like that out of the dozen cards I made like this none of the butterflies were alike.  


I used watercolor paper, an aqua painter and Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight ink. 


I just colored on some ink.  How bright or subtle your color is depends on how much water you use. If it is too light use less water...too dark use more.


Here's my piece of watercolor paper after adding the ink.  It looks like quite the mess doesn't it?  LOL


Using my Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches, I'm going to transform that somewhat ugly watercoloring into something  FANTASTIC!  :)


Here are my butterflies.  I liked them so much that I added a little bling to them.  I love rhinestones.  They just make everything fancy.  


Here's a couple of my finished cards.  They make me happy... they definitely are not winter cards.


Happy Spring!  

3 comments:

  1. The butterflies are beautiful. I can't wait to make some.
    Thanks for the idea and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WENDY, this is such a neat idea...I lovee your butterflies,and cards. And I will be the next one to try this.
    TYFS> With Love Judi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...